Far Eastern Federal University (FEFU)Striving for Success !
Year of foundation: 1899
Total students: 23,000 / International students: 3,100
Faculties: 9 / Departments: 124
Rector: Nikita Anisimov
Far Eastern Federal University (FEFU) is the largest higher education and research institution in the Eastern part of Russia.
World-class scientific, educational and convention infrastructure, innovative teaching and research approaches, world-renowned scholars and faculty make FEFU one of the most rapidly developing centers of innovation in the Asia-Pacific Region.
Outstanding location, resources, and capabilities provide the University with the distinctive opportunities for collaboration with the leading research, education and innovation centers across the region.
FEFU plays an important role in the socio-economic and cultural development of the Russian Far East and its comprehensive integration into the Asia-Pacific Region.
- Global Ocean Resources
- Oil and Gas Research and Exploitation
- Marine Structures
- Regional and Global Geopolitical Studies
- Economic and Socio-cultural Processes
- Resources of the World Ocean
- Marine Biomedicine
- Integration in the Asia-Pacific Region
- Challenges of Ecology and Health
- Outer Space
- Transition to a Digital Economy
International collaboration and partnerships
- The University of California, Berkeley (USA)
- University of Wisconsin, Madison (USA)
- University of Heilongjiang (China)
- Tohoku University (Japan)
- Hokkaido University (Japan)
- Waseda University (Japan)
- Yonsei University (South Korea)
- Korea University (South Korea)
- The University of Hong Kong (China)
- The Harbin Institute of Technology (China)
- Wuhan University (China)
- Jilin University (China)
- The University of Geneva (Switzerland)
- The Norwegian University of Science and Technology (Norway)
- Bremen University (Germany)
- University of Oregon (USA)
- Nikolay Barabanov (1914–2002), scientist, shipbuilder, eminent science and technology professional of the Russian Federation
- Svetlana Goryacheva, Russian politician, member of the Federation Council from Primorskiy Krai, First Deputy Chairman of the Council of the Federation Committee on the House Rules and Parliamentary Performance Management
- Dmitriy Kovalenin, Russian translator, orientalist, writer
- Vladimir Sungorkin, Editor-in-Chief of Komsomolskaya Pravda – one of Russia's top national publications
- Igor Pushkarev, politician and former senator, mayor of Vladivostok since 2008
- Vladimir Mamontov, Russian journalist, president of the editorial board of Izvestia newspaper – one of Russia's top national publications
- Ilya Lagutenko, Russian rock musician and leader of the band Mummy Troll
- Valentin Sergienko, Russian chemist, vice president of the Russian Academy of Science (RAS), RAS academician, chairman of the Presidium of Far Eastern Branch Russian Academy of Science
- Boris Titaev (1921–2000), marine and ocean engineer and scientist in shipbuilding area. Chair of All-union program – “Global Ocean”
- Eugene Popov, Russian journalist and TV host.
- Victor Gorchakov, Russian politician and scientist, chair of Legislative Assembly of Primorskiy region. Rector of FEFU in 1976-1988